Islamic Critical Thinking, Worldview & Ethics and Fiqh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunyah & Akhirah Interplay

+3
2030_17_ahmadali
2030_17_nurhanani
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Dunyah & Akhirah Interplay Empty Dunyah & Akhirah Interplay

Post  Admin Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:21 am

As we are all working very hard in preparation for the final examination which starts next week, the question as to what and how we have prepared for the REAL FINAL Examination yawm al-qiyamah comes to mind. It is also intriguing to ask whether there is any connection between the worldly and Akhirah examinations. Will anyone who excels in this worldly examination, particularly in Islamic disciplines (i.e. Islamic worldview) necessarily excel in the Akhirah examination? Or will a failure in the worldly examination, particularly in Islamic disciplines (i.e. Islamic worldview) lead to an eternal failure yawm al-Qiyamah. In short, does one's success or failure in the worldly examinations have any far-reaching bearing on his/her final destiny on Yawm al-Qiyamah? ANY INTERPLAY?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://abdulkabir.com

Back to top Go down

Dunyah & Akhirah Interplay Empty Re: Dunyah & Akhirah Interplay

Post  2030_17_nurhanani Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:24 am

Admin wrote:As we are all working very hard in preparation for the final examination which starts next week, the question as to what and how we have prepared for the REAL FINAL Examination yawm al-qiyamah comes to mind. It is also intriguing to ask whether there is any connection between the worldly and Akhirah examinations. Will anyone who excels in this worldly examination, particularly in Islamic disciplines (i.e. Islamic worldview) necessarily excel in the Akhirah examination? Or will a failure in the worldly examination, particularly in Islamic disciplines (i.e. Islamic worldview) lead to an eternal failure yawm al-Qiyamah. In short, does one's success or failure in the worldly examinations have any far-reaching bearing on his/her final destiny on Yawm al-Qiyamah? ANY INTERPLAY?

as salam. this question also keep playing in my mind "whether there is any connection between the worldly and akhirah examinations". in my opinion, as students we try to put the best effort in our studying. but bear in mind that the process of studying is not for the sake of the exam only (examination-oriented) but its the process to seek knowledge and become a better person, and a thankful servant. back to what i highlighted above, i think there is connection between the worldly and akhirah examinations. our effort striving to achieve the best result will be counted by Allah. if we do seek knowledge because of Him, insyaallah our effort will be counted as a good deed. study
2030_17_nurhanani
2030_17_nurhanani

Back to top Go down

Dunyah & Akhirah Interplay Empty the relation between the human state in "dunya"and "akherah"

Post  2030_17_ahmadali Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:09 pm

in my opinion ,I think that Graces in “dunya” does not necessitate the happiness in “akherah” ,The relation between “dunya” and “akherah” doesn’t like worldly phenomena .it doesn’t like what some people thought that if you have more power and pleasures and beauty and you enjoy the wealth you will get as it in the hereafter.
Some ignorants thought when they read this verse
قال تعالى"(ومن كان في هذه اعمى فهو في الاخره اعمى واضل سبيلا )"ذ
that the healthy and graces in “dunya” will lead to get graces in “akherah”, they didn’t know that blinding in this verse mean blinding in heart.
قال سبحانه وتعالى "(فإنها لا تعمى الابصار ولكن تعمى القلوب التي في الصدور )"ذ
وقال سبحانه"(ومن اعرض عن ذكري فان له معيشه ضنكا - ونحشره يوم القيامه اعمى - قال رب لم حشرتني اعمى وقد كنت بصيرا - قال كذلك اتتك اياتنا فنسيتها وكذلك اليوم تنسى )"ذ
and at the same time ,Graces in “dunya” does not necessitate the misery “akherah ,Some people think that there is an inverse relation between worldly graces and hereafter graces, so if somebody get the happiness in “akherah” will not get any blessings in “dunya”.
There are no relations between getting graces in “dunya” and the consequence in “akherah”.
Deprivation or getting graces are tools to test people in “dunya”, so we should use it in what pleases ALLAH and thanks him for it.

2030_17_ahmadali

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_amalina Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:45 am

slm.agree with hanani.i think there are connections between akhirah and worldly examinations.but many students usually student hard to get an A in their subject.so the first thing to be changed is our intention lillahi ta'ala. so that the knowledge we gain can last forever and insyaAllah will guide us in dunya and akhirah. our effort in seeking knowledge will be paid off. insyaAllah. Basketball
2030_17_amalina
2030_17_amalina

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_syazwani^ahmad Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:28 am

Admin wrote: In short, does one's success or failure in the worldly examinations have any far-reaching bearing on his/her final destiny on Yawm al-Qiyamah? ANY INTERPLAY?

salam..
mmm... somehow, i don't think the one who success or failure in the worldly examinations have any relationship with his/her final destiny on hereafter. Let's think, a person or particularly a student, ehh...let's make it three different types of students ok. Smile

STUDENT A: who obeys Allah's orders, forbids wrong and makes good deeds to everyone else, is striving his/her best for an exam, yet, still got a not-so-really a good result (let say the person failed the exam).so, should we say he/she will exactly fail on Akhirah examination?

STUDENT B: (has a good background that like what has been mentioned on Student A) He's/She's not really study for the exam, but this student still score and succeed in the exam at the end. ( my opinion >>well, it's gifted, right? Very Happy) Can we say that he/she will fail on Akhirah examination?

STUDENT C: (his/her background is very contradict with student A's. e.g: not praying to Him, wrongdoer,etc) This student still succeed in the exam even he/she studied very well or not. Thus, should we say this student will exactly success on the Last Day examination?

let's contemplate.... Rolling Eyes

-------------------

I think, the one who fails/success on worldly examination, eventhough he/she has completely strive his/her best or not is just the test from Allah. Maybe Allah want to test us how patients are we, will we remember Him whatever condition we currently face, or have we praise Him for what has He given to us at all, right....? perhaps, Allah will not test us something that we cannot bear and He knows what is the best for His servants..... Crying or Very sad

لا يكلف الله نفسا إلا وسعها
"On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear."
(Al-Baqarah : 286)

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ حَتَّى نَعْلَمَ الْمُجَاهِدِينَ مِنكُمْ وَالصَّابِرِينَ وَنَبْلُوَ أَخْبَارَكُمْ
"And We shall try you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience; and We shall try your reported (mettle)"
(Muhammad: 31)

btw, i agree with hanani... Smile
2030_17_nurhanani wrote:
....our effort striving to achieve the best result will be counted by Allah. if we do seek knowledge because of Him, insyaallah our effort will be counted as a good deed.

2030_17_syazwani^ahmad

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_amiza Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:47 pm

2030_17_syazwani^ahmad wrote:
Admin wrote: In short, does one's success or failure in the worldly examinations have any far-reaching bearing on his/her final destiny on Yawm al-Qiyamah? ANY INTERPLAY?

salam..
mmm... somehow, i don't think the one who success or failure in the worldly examinations have any relationship with his/her final destiny on hereafter. Let's think, a person or particularly a student, ehh...let's make it three different types of students ok. Smile

STUDENT A: who obeys Allah's orders, forbids wrong and makes good deeds to everyone else, is striving his/her best for an exam, yet, still got a not-so-really a good result (let say the person failed the exam).so, should we say he/she will exactly fail on Akhirah examination?

STUDENT B: (has a good background that like what has been mentioned on Student A) He's/She's not really study for the exam, but this student still score and succeed in the exam at the end. ( my opinion >>well, it's gifted, right? Very Happy) Can we say that he/she will fail on Akhirah examination?

STUDENT C: (his/her background is very contradict with student A's. e.g: not praying to Him, wrongdoer,etc) This student still succeed in the exam even he/she studied very well or not. Thus, should we say this student will exactly success on the Last Day examination?

let's contemplate.... Rolling Eyes

-------------------

I think, the one who fails/success on worldly examination, eventhough he/she has completely strive his/her best or not is just the test from Allah. Maybe Allah want to test us how patients are we, will we remember Him whatever condition we currently face, or have we praise Him for what has He given to us at all, right....? ...

is there any 'like' button?? really2 like your comparison. n_n
btw, i agreed with hanani!! Smile
2030_17_amiza
2030_17_amiza

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hazrin_adzha Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 pm

salam... my opininon, if we have knowledge, we should practise... yes we are studying for the exam.. but at the same time, we need to apply all knowledge in our daily life..
"knowledge without practised, is like a tree does not bear"- "Ilm bila amalin, kassyajara bila thamarin" (cant find the arabic words)Razz

That Arab proverb which I held until now .. a special meaning for me. This proverb means that if the knowledge that we have not practiced like something that has no value. The knowledge that we have adopted should be settled properly in accordance with the proper settlement of the true faith to be a blessing to our own ..

we have knowledge about akhirat, then we know what we should do, and what donts.. amar ma'ruf nahi munkar.. and for sure, we seek knowledge because we want to make the world a better place..which is a responsible of a khalifah..

inysaAllah, with all preparation, we will pass the worldly and akhirah examination.. Cool
2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_hazrin_adzha

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_ahmadali Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:37 am

2030_17_hazrin_adzha wrote:
"knowledge without practised, is like a tree does not bear"- "Ilm bila amalin, kassyajara bila thamarin"
"علم بلا عمل كشجر بلا ثمر" Smile Smile Smile

2030_17_ahmadali

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum