Islamic Critical Thinking, Worldview & Ethics and Fiqh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islamic Professionalism & Challenge of Modernity

+19
2030_17_hasmida
2030_17_syazwani.najman
2030_17_nabil
2030_17_sitiaishahaslah
2030.7.zainal
2030_17_nurhanani
2030_17_huda
2030_17_hasif
2030_17_amiza
Ungs_17_zakiah
2030_17_Sufyan
2030_17_Sajed
2030_17_Ali
2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_aisha.tahir
2030_17_AhmedAmirul
2030_17_amalina
2030_17_ahmadali
Admin
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Islamic Professionalism & Challenge of Modernity - Page 2 Empty Re: Islamic Professionalism & Challenge of Modernity

Post  2030_17_aisha.tahir Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 am

Ungs_17_zakiah wrote:

1)Can a Muslim veterinary touch a dog in order to make research @ to treat that animal? Question
2)Can Muslim doctors involving themselves in abortion?? Question

1) for me...everythings depends on the niyyah...if the veterinary touch a dog in order to make research or to treat the animal, I think it is allowed..if a person touch a dog because he wants to be proud of, it is totally wrong niyyah..and it is sinfull...try to think what happen if a veterinary cannot touch a dog just because it is haram??..u want to let the animal die?????

2) i think a doctors should not involves in this kind of action...its totally like the doctor "accomplished" with them... wallahualam.
2030_17_aisha.tahir
2030_17_aisha.tahir

Back to top Go down

Islamic Professionalism & Challenge of Modernity - Page 2 Empty Re: Islamic Professionalism & Challenge of Modernity

Post  2030_17_Sajed Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:09 am

Wow, you guys are really good at derailing threads

I'm pretty sure it's okay for Muslim vets to treat the dog. We shouldn't allow the animal to die if we have the capability to save it. And the idea of pushing this role to the non-Muslims is completely wrong, because it implies that the absence of Islam is necessary for doing a specific good action, which is totally incorrect. There are always exceptions, and saving a dog's life should be the top priority. As long as they wear disposable gloves and wash their hands.

Abortion is haram, and a doctor should not involve in it at all, unless it's a special exception (victim of rape, etc). The doctor is obligated to save human lives, not to take them away, even if the parents request it before the baby is born (with "born" referring to the time it comes out, not the time when a soul is breathed into it).

2030_17_Sajed

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_Ali Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

2030_17_aisha.tahir wrote:
2030_17_Ali wrote:“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things” [al-Talaaq 65-3].

I totally agreed with the Quran verses used by Ali... The verse described that we shall not do whatever Allah forbid us..we should belief in the Risq of Allah... Very Happy Wallahualam. Rolling Eyes

But what's about PTPTN? Should we leave it because it has a percentage of interest/riba (1% of ujrah)?

2030_17_Ali

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_Sufyan Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 am

What I'm thinking is, it's not a problem whether a vet treat a dog as long as the job is not harm the animals..
It's haram if a male doctor touch or treat a female patient, which is not their muhrim?

2030_17_Sufyan

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_nurhanani Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:29 am

2030_17_Ali wrote:
2030_17_Ali wrote:“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things” [al-Talaaq 65-3].

I totally agreed with the Quran verses used by Ali... The verse described that we shall not do whatever Allah forbid us..we should belief in the Risq of Allah... Very Happy Wallahualam. Rolling Eyes

But what's about PTPTN? Should we leave it because it has a percentage of interest/riba (1% of ujrah)?

i also wonder about the same matter. should student take or leave ptptn because it has a percentage of riba? but not all students could afford the high fee of university that's why student end up get engaged or do borrow from ptptn. anyone can make it clear?

2030_17_Sufyan wrote:What I'm thinking is, it's not a problem whether a vet treat a dog as long as the job is not harm the animals..
It's haram if a male doctor touch or treat a female patient, which is not their muhrim?

when i google to look for the answer regarding to this matter, there are many arguments and opinions about this issue. but when it comes to emergency cases, i think its permissible for male doctor to treat the female patient or else the patient will die because she is left untreated.
2030_17_nurhanani
2030_17_nurhanani

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hazrin_adzha Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:46 pm

i dont know.. but i still think the best way is we should leave it..

i know its not a good idea if we pushe the role to non-muslim..but its not a problem.. thres a lot of other animal they can treat...prevent is better..
hurm...
male doc-im not sure bout that.. for sure it need a long discussion.. Suspect
2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_hazrin_adzha

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_nurhanani Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:50 pm

2030_17_hazrin_adzha wrote:i dont know.. but i still think the best way is we should leave it..

i know its not a good idea if we pushe the role to non-muslim..but its not a problem.. thres a lot of other animal they can treat...prevent is better..
hurm...
male doc-im not sure bout that.. for sure it need a long discussion.. Suspect

agree
2030_17_nurhanani
2030_17_nurhanani

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_Sajed Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:55 am

2030_17_Sufyan wrote:It's haram if a male doctor touch or treat a female patient, which is not their muhrim?
Well, if there is absolutely no other alternative, then it counts as an emergency where the benefits of treating the patient clearly outweigh the harm caused. But in general circumstances, and if there is a female doctor that is capable, then I'm pretty sure it's haram for the male doctor to take care of it instead.

2030_17_Sajed

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_aisha.tahir Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:16 am

2030_17_Ali wrote:

I think...in today's world, it is difficult to get a loan without an interest...but..what i know is...if the bank put some interest in one's loan, one of the reason is to make sure that the debtor is going to pay his debt...is it a kind of surety for the bank...wallahualam...sorry if it is wrong...
2030_17_aisha.tahir
2030_17_aisha.tahir

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hazrin_adzha Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:45 am

salam.. i think econs students are master about the ptptn probs.. haha.. clown
2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_hazrin_adzha

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_aisha.tahir Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 am

not only econs students...but laws students too...hehe...because there are subject in laws which are regarding the transactions in islamic laws and also non-islamic banks or institutions..for example the interest charge by the bank Very Happy
2030_17_aisha.tahir
2030_17_aisha.tahir

Back to top Go down

Post  2030.7.zainal Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 am

yes

2030.7.zainal

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hazrin_adzha Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:41 am

salam.. then aishah, what do u think about ptptn???? Razz
2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_hazrin_adzha

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_sitiaishahaslah Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:49 am

how bout those who are in need the money?if they are willing to go against the Shariah laws, in order to avoid a bad job like sexual harassment, is it permitted??
how bout those who cannot do any job, like normal job; clerk, manger, cleaner etc but in order to get extra money for those who actually needed the money like his or her mom who is sick or for their children?i know its better to get halal's sources on the money as it is bless by Allah, but during necessity like these is it permitted??
2030_17_sitiaishahaslah
2030_17_sitiaishahaslah

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hazrin_adzha Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 am

hurm... i doubt bout it too.. but im sure they need to make effort to find halal source first.. or borrow from others.. from zakat, perhaps..
2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_hazrin_adzha

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_aisha.tahir Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:21 am

2030_17_hazrin_adzha wrote:salam.. then aishah, what do u think about ptptn???? Razz

i've answer it... Smile i paste my comment just in case u did not notice it.....

2030_17_Ali wrote:

I think...in today's world, it is difficult to get a loan without an interest...but..what i know is...if the bank put some interest in one's loan, one of the reason is to make sure that the debtor is going to pay his debt...is it a kind of surety for the bank...wallahualam...sorry if it is wrong...
2030_17_aisha.tahir
2030_17_aisha.tahir

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_Sajed Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 am

We can't earn our money through haram means, but if the profession itself is halal, then it is our responsibility of making sure we stay away from the haram as much as possible. If the haram environment is too much to endure, then we should avoid it and look for a job that will cause less fitnah.

Most of the problems faced by Muslims today in their work is within halal professions but with some bits of haram mixed into it. Obviously, we shouldn't indulge in anything haram, but if we completely cut ourselves off from every field that has the slightest trace of haram in it, then we are severely limiting our choices. We should find the proper way to deal with the issues at hand. One common example is that in some professions, the person is expected to shake hands with others (colleagues, clients, subordinates, etc), regardless of gender. How should a Muslim deal with this problem? Well, you have to retain your Islamic stance and explain that physical contact between the opposite gender is not permitted in your religion. Some Muslims would feel uncomfortable about making such a statement but in reality, most non-Muslims would actually respect your decision. Even though they don't necessarily agree with you, they still recognize your submission to your Deen. And the person who actually objects to your position would be the one who is truly uncivilized, because this is religious intolerance, which is condemned even by the non-Muslims who value the freedon of every human being.

Of course, this is all assuming that the profession itself is halal. Turning to haram sources of income is still off-limits. Even during emergencies, I don't think it's actually okay for us to become agents in corrupting the community for the sake of earning some extra desperately-needed money. Even if we have to suffer because of this, we should remember that it was all for the sake of Allah, and so we should not complain about it, but rather, we should remain patient.

2030_17_Sajed

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_nabil Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

in my opinion, i think if someone cant do something, he/she doesn't have to lie to make some votes or to get the position. Islam is making it much easier just say what you an to do and people will choose. so we have to follow Islam in everything even in spiciness things.

2030_17_nabil

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hazrin_adzha Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 pm

sorry.. i didnt notice that.. hahaha tongue

2030_17_hazrin_adzha
2030_17_hazrin_adzha

Back to top Go down

Islamic Professionalism & Challenge of Modernity - Page 2 Empty التوكل على الله

Post  2030_17_ahmadali Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 pm

2030_17_sitiaishahaslah wrote:how bout those who are in need the money?if they are willing to go against the Shariah laws, in order to avoid a bad job like sexual harassment, is it permitted??
how bout those who cannot do any job, like normal job; clerk, manger, cleaner etc but in order to get extra money for those who actually needed the money like his or her mom who is sick or for their children?i know its better to get halal's sources on the money as it is bless by Allah, but during necessity like these is it permitted??

in my opinion,I believe that we should think deeply, if we ask our selves who is originaly gives us the money???
the answer is obvious (الله سبحانه وتعالى)
so, how come we want to get the money from AL_RAZAQ by disobeying him?!!!!!!!!
I think the problem is not in the existence of the money or how can we get the money,the problem in our belief ,we should Strengthens our IMAN and the trust ALLAH (التوكل على الله) as prophet mohammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:
["لو توكلتم على الله حق توكله لرزقكم كما يرزق الطير، تغدو خماصاً وتروح بِطاناً" [رواه الترمذي"
we should do all the reasons to survive and ALLAH will help us. Smile Smile Smile

2030_17_ahmadali

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_ahmadali Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm

2030_17_nabil wrote:in my opinion, i think if someone cant do something, he/she doesn't have to lie to make some votes or to get the position. Islam is making it much easier just say what you an to do and people will choose. so we have to follow Islam in everything even in spiciness things.
I am totally agree with you Very Happy

2030_17_ahmadali

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_syazwani.najman Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 am

2030_17_Sajed wrote:We can't earn our money through haram means, but if the profession itself is halal, then it is our responsibility of making sure we stay away from the haram as much as possible. If the haram environment is too much to endure, then we should avoid it and look for a job that will cause less fitnah.

Most of the problems faced by Muslims today in their work is within halal professions but with some bits of haram mixed into it. Obviously, we shouldn't indulge in anything haram, but if we completely cut ourselves off from every field that has the slightest trace of haram in it, then we are severely limiting our choices. We should find the proper way to deal with the issues at hand. One common example is that in some professions, the person is expected to shake hands with others (colleagues, clients, subordinates, etc), regardless of gender. How should a Muslim deal with this problem? Well, you have to retain your Islamic stance and explain that physical contact between the opposite gender is not permitted in your religion. Some Muslims would feel uncomfortable about making such a statement but in reality, most non-Muslims would actually respect your decision. Even though they don't necessarily agree with you, they still recognize your submission to your Deen. And the person who actually objects to your position would be the one who is truly uncivilized, because this is religious intolerance, which is condemned even by the non-Muslims who value the freedon of every human being.

Of course, this is all assuming that the profession itself is halal. Turning to haram sources of income is still off-limits. Even during emergencies, I don't think it's actually okay for us to become agents in corrupting the community for the sake of earning some extra desperately-needed money. Even if we have to suffer because of this, we should remember that it was all for the sake of Allah, and so we should not complain about it, but rather, we should remain patient.

hmm...agree..

2030_17_syazwani.najman

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_syazwani.najman Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:02 am

assalamualaikum....Smile
in my opinion....,actually.. most of the job can be applied by all muslim because basically every job is legal in islam. however, if there are any aspect forbidden in the eye of principle of islam ..also for job which has more undesired effect than the good one,,it is also prohibited in islam...

2030_17_syazwani.najman

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_hasmida Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Assalamualaikum. originally all the profession is legal in my POV. the decision to cheat in profession 100% lies on the person in himself/herself. He hold the power wheter to cheat or be honest. It is subjected to our iman to control ourself in carrying the job.
2030_17_hasmida
2030_17_hasmida

Back to top Go down

Post  2030_17_AhmedAmirul Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 am

to cheat or not to cheat,to be honest or not is depend on the individuals itself.depend on his Islamic values,iman etc.

2030_17_AhmedAmirul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next